Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Precious pearl

Precious pearl I was reading on someone else's blog about how much she misses her grandmother who passed away, after reading that . It reminded me of how hard it is sometimes when you live far away from your loved ones. I have three small granddaughters all under the age of five who live in KSA and my daughter and I worry so much for them .

I worry also a great deal about my parents who are not Muslim especially as they are getting older , they are in their seventies. I love them a great deal. I suppose many revert brothers and sisters will have the same worries and anxieties about their families.

2 Comments:

Blogger K Khan said...

How did your parents respond to your decision to become Muslim? And are they receptive to any da'wah at all?

05 January, 2006 05:53  
Blogger humblemuslimah said...

First They thought I was brainwashed and the they thought I would grow out of it. But after twenty eight years , they just accept it. You cannot push it down peoples throats . Sometimes We talk about religion and occasionlly they will ask a question like do animals go to Paradise etc and I alaways try to explain to them. It is difficult esp as they are both getting on in years and when you think of death approaching. My mum a few months ago asked for a book on the islamic view of Isa (as) but did not want my dad to know. My mum is a lapsed catholic and my father is a non practising jew

05 January, 2006 08:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home