Sunday, February 12, 2006

Precious pearl

Precious pearlPrecious pearl
We, therefore, have only some pen-portraits drawn by his companions (R.A), which give us a glimpse of his appearance.

Abdullah bin Salam was a Jew of great learning; the moment he saw the Prophet, he was convinced of the truth of his mission and embraced Islam. He said, “As soon as I saw the Prophet, I realized that this face cannot be that of an impostor.”

Another companion, Abu Ramsa Taimi(R.A) says, “I went to the Prophet with my son and the people there pointed him out to me. Immediately my son and the people there pointed him out to me. Immediately on seeing him I was convinced that he was truly a messenger of God.”

Abu Huraira(R.A) remarked, “The Prophet was like a bright sun. I have not seen a more handsome than the Prophet.

Rab’ee, daughter of Mu’awwaz. Had said, “If you had seen the Prophet, you would have felt as if the sun had risen.”

Hazrath Ali(R.A) said, “On the very first sight of him you would feel awe.”

Hazrath Jabir(R.A) Samra said, “I was once looking at the Prophet in the moonlight and comparing his face with the moon. At last I realized that the Prophet was much more handsome than the moon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home